It's nice just talking about life and the love that makes it wonderful.

Monday, March 15, 2010

A gloomy afternoon

A short story by Ronald Habana

An hour and a half past and alas footsteps sounded; closer and closer it walked towards the bench, towards the lady, the lady who waited long enough to see this man again. He was tall and built though his face looked so much younger and light, she was little though a mark of maturity stood out from her face. He knelt facing the lady who's eyes were pinned to the piece of paper she was holding. "You waited" the man said with such light in his eyes. At that moment she remembered, all of it went to her head once again.

I was thirteen then, you were only eleven but we made so much fun as if we were on the same age. Since then we were inseparable, you and I as best friends. You were always there even if time made us part. Then that friendship turned into something deeper. We started seeing each other in a different manner. Yes, it was never official but together we cherished our own bright sunny days. It was then when I realized that I was blinded by all of it. I didn't see the dark cloudy days. I wasn't sure of you. I wasn't sure if you're still that boy whom I met long ago, my best friend or are you the man now that I wanted to share my forever with.

I remember that gloomy afternoon. You sent me a message. You asked me to wait for you, wait for that day and then you'll be the man that I wanted you to be. I was enraged, my pride took a downfall. I got angry. After months of your silence, when I was always there desperately hoping that you would come back, you'll just pop out of the blue just to tell me to wait? How immature? You haven't change a thing.


The lady stood, handed the letter to the man and then she walked away with tears falling from her eyes. The man almost petrified, he did not even took the chance to reach out for his lady. He looked at the letter instead and read. I waited because I wanted to move on. You're the only one who completes me but at the same time you complicate me. Goodbye. He stood there his head down while thoughts swim in his head.

You don't know how much I missed you even to the point of death. I wanted to be a better man not because you told me so. I wanted it myself. I wanted to prove to you that I was and always have been the man that you wanted me to be. He pulled a box from his pocket and opened it. It was the shiniest diamond ring but it was too late as the lady was nowhere to be seen.


The End.


Dedicated to Mariz. Thank you for sharing me your "complicated" love story. I hope someday you'll find that one man whom you will share your forever with. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment