It's nice just talking about life and the love that makes it wonderful.

Monday, February 8, 2010

Who is my first love?

by: Arnie Dela Mata

Wow. What a very personal question to answer. But like anyone else, of course I have my first love. Just to answer this question safely, I'll tell you that my first love is myself. Sounds funny but it makes sense. I can still remember an African saying that says "Don't trust a naked person if he offers you a shirt."

The message of this quote is for each of us in the world. It tells us to love yourself first before telling others you love them. Just like what I did. I loved myself first, that's why those people around me feels that I love them and I treasured every moment spent with them.

But, what is my truthful answer to this question: Who is my first love? I may tell you it is God, or my Mom or Dad, but seriously speaking, there's a girl I love before. It is during my elementary days. Who is she? Sorry, but I don't want to elaborate more.

No comments:

Post a Comment