It's nice just talking about life and the love that makes it wonderful.

Saturday, February 13, 2010

The Kiss, A Happy Ending

A short story by Ronald Habana Jr.

Daisy and I broke up. The relationship only lasted for months but I was okay. Being dumped was never that easy: there were no tears, no locking up on my room, no hatred. Since then I started thinking of the girl that made me this strong. I wonder, How's Rose doing?

It's been two years of nothingness. I was floating in the airs of my dreams. I can't move on, I didn't want to. I thought of seeing him but there were no ways, but I have got to end this. Give me one day God and I swear to you I will end this misery. Only one day.

I got up early, went to my favorite coffee shop at eight, It's a loveless Valentine's Day for me.

Funny, how this morning when I woke up, all the tears that I've cried last night and all the stressful thinking didn't create an effect. My morning was very calm. As I walked outside, I noticed that red filled the streets, heart-shaped decors were hanging everywhere. I almost forgot, It's Valentine's Day. I went in to an old coffee shop where there I saw someone, someone from my past. I was chilling, a bit shocked, my hands were shaking, whimsical thoughts filled my head as I slowly walked towards the man sitting on the third table.

I was slowly sipping my coffee when the door flung open, the bell of the door's ringing made me look and then I saw this face. I can't believe that I'm seeing this face again. It had never changed, that angelic pleasant face that I once phraised. She was slowly walking close towards my table as I put down my cup. Our eyes were still locked at eachother. She sat down and broke the silence.

John? Is it really you John? You look good. You... I stopped at that moment as I was being held by that soft hands of him.

Rose? How are you? I can't resist it, I can't hold it in anymore. I started touching her cheeks. Then I said I missed her and that I was still thinking of her after Daisy and I broke up. I still wanted my Rose. I wanted her back. I just wish it's not too late.

It's not, John. Two years I spent thinking of what I have done to you. I blamed myself, I still love you and it had never faded.

Though I must ask this again, Why? Why Rose? She answered crying.
Because that time you were blinded by the thought of a perfect woman, of a perfect love, of destiny and of happy endings. I got afraid.

There isn't. There is no such thing. Yes, I've learned that from you. I was still holding her cheeks. Rose, I'm sorry it took so long, I'm sorry that I kept you waiting. I..
For the past minute, I didn't allow a word from his mouth to enter my ears. I was just staring at his lips.

That feeling! When I first met Rose, it was brought back by that kiss. And now I have to take it back, it's not such a loveless Valentine's Day afterall.

No comments:

Post a Comment