It's nice just talking about life and the love that makes it wonderful.

Friday, February 12, 2010

Those Things You Gave To Me (The Reply)

A short story by Ronald Habana Jr.

I loved the flowers you gave to me, the smell of the red roses simply soothes my senses that I just savored the time by closing my eyes and fantasize. Those letters you sent me, I read every night before I sleep. My friends loved you, very thoughtful, caring, nice and gentle young man. And I know those chocolates cost a lot that I ate only few and saved the others as day by day I took the pleasure of having only one.

That song you once sang and dedicated to me was my favorite of all the love songs that I have heard, hearing every lyrics and feeling every emotion felt as if you were softly touching my chest and capturing my fast-beating heart. Your jokes, you funny man, made me laugh and jumped right off my seat. And how can I forget those gifts wrapped in expensive wrappers with such lovely bows on it, every occasion was just as special as your presents. Though no one ever noticed, you were the most creative and artistic person I have ever met in my life, those poems, stories and compositions made me feel how deeply your adoration is for me.

I loved you eyes, your expressive brown eyes tell me everyday as I look into it how much love is transcending. When you bite your lips at every foolish moments, when you do your goofy laugh and that funny sob. Your cute little ears and your pointed shiny nose, your messy hair and your handsome squint. I loved almost every bit of you my dear John. But how am I supposed to tell you when you were always blinded by the very flesh that covered the real me.

You were blinded by the thought of having such angel would be very impossible yet you were desperate to have one. Your eyes were filled with diamond sparks that didn't allow you to see what really is the kind of diamond that was lying there beside you. You were patient yet for a small period of time. I'm sorry John that you gave up. When that time came and you asked that question, I didn't answer. You broke down. You started hating me. I only kept waiting. You did not pass the test. I was left with nothing.

And now after it all, you asked once more. I answered. What you wanted me to say to you that day was the thing that I wasn't sure of with you, that time.

1 comment:

Post a Comment