It's nice just talking about life and the love that makes it wonderful.

Monday, January 25, 2010

My Bestfriend

by: Fevie Liel Payuyao

Who was he?

He was the stranger in the last row of the room. He’s commonly the most quiet, the demure, and the quiet boring. His laugh was rarely heard and his eyes were wary as if those could keep anyone aloof. He was the very last classmate, I would wish to talk to. He was behave and seem to be contented doodling on his paper..What was wrong with him? Oh none. He just loves his own planet.

How could I forget my first time in the principal’s office because of him. One morning I saw him arguing to the school guard. From a distance, I could see the tiny liquids on his forehead. He forgot his I.D and few more minutes he would be late in Geometry. Call me frustrated wonder woman as I sneaked to the garden nearside and gave him my own I.D. He was hesitating but he had still accepted a little help from me. We both thought it was a perfect crime until the principal excused us in the middle of the class. Apparently, I was too upset not because I got terribly scolded by the principal but because the ungrateful lad was blaming me for what had happen. The nerve!

From that incident, we never talked again. I hated him and I would swear, he hated me even more. I thought the school year would end that way until the prom came.

I’ve got phobia on proms because last year was a messed when I forgot my part during the presentation and I still wondered how many people laughed at me. And talking about the curse, another year seems to be alike. My partner in the dance back-off for the last minute. I almost made my mind to go home and forget about the prom than embarrass myself for the rest of the night. But God had other plan. I was almost on my way home carrying my heavy dress and stilettos until I heard a familiar voice. It sounds like a voice of an angel even if he just called me stupid. I couldn’t believe what he said next. He offered to replace my lost partner in the cotillion.

I could feel like a damsel-in-distress and someone I least expected became my saving race.

From then, things change. The stranger in the corner that I once knew was gone. He was now a good friend of mine; the one who never left me alone during lunchtime; the one that help me in geometry and history; the one that defend me when I couldn’t do that for myself: the one that makes me happy; the one that I didn’t call my best friend but I knew he was.
High school was over but the beautiful friendship he shared with me would last forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment