It's nice just talking about life and the love that makes it wonderful.

Sunday, January 24, 2010

I LOVE my friends!

by: Ronald S. Habana Jr.

For nineteen years now, I've been surrounded by people that love me; people that have always been and will always be beside me whenever I feel bad and when time seems to play its complicated games with me. My parents as always, giving me with the right amount of advice, support and love as ingredients for me to becoming a better person. But it is impossible for my parents to be right beside me in every bit of my seconds, as I explore the beauty and the ugly within life.

The guidance and the support can only get as far, but I don't blame them. I wouldn't be the person that I am now without them. How I love my family, I wouldn't exchange them for anything else in the world. Though there may be misunderstandings and arguments at some points, still I would end up being with them, beside them.

As I am still building little by little the foundation of my being as a person, my parents, my family is not only the ones that helped me through out the thickest and thinnest of times. It's not all the time that my parents will be there to comfort me at my saddest or maddest times. This is when my dearest friends come "to the rescue!"

I found my best friends way back in high school, I LOVE them. They're always there for me; always there to catch me when I fall, just one text away and "boom" a crying shoulder, a person to talk to, a person to laugh with, a person who's willing to join me in my exploration of life.

When fights transcend in our family, my friends are the ones to calm me down and advice me to get back and apologize to my family even if for any kind of reason that it's not my fault. They are the ones to say that it's rather me and not them but always make me realize that I am being loved and not being hated. It is them who always help me figure out ways to solve my complicated problems. It's them who see the bright sides amidst my darkests. It's them whom I tell my problems, my achievements, my crushes, my interests, my grudges, my suicidal attempts, my fears, my favorites almost everything. '

Though many times, I'm guilty; guilty of sharing these things first hand to my friends rather than to my family, I never had regrets of having them as my friends. Like my family, I wouldn't have them replaced by anyone or anything. They're like my treasures, my personal collection of gems though not as many as those shared in the museums, my little collection is worth a million.

I read a quote from a website; "A good friend is my nearest relation" at first I got puzzled by this simple yet very deep quotation. Why should a friend be considered a person's nearest relation when there's our family, our parents and even our partners in life? I thought of this for about the time that lapsed as I was writing this article's 4th paragraph. Then I heard a sudden snap that seem to have waggled my head. The words were there! My friends are my family, they're as near as my family. I value them just as much as I value my family and I will treasure them just like a collector treats his precious gems.

All of these are just plain happy just saying but sometimes I think of the possibilities that may happen. Sometimes I get scared of the thought that one day I might lose them. I know there would come a time that we would part ways, live our own lives and build our own careers but my visions are clear that our friendship would last for a life time. How I love them.



Be inspired of all the friendship quotes, just as I was in the quote that I read. Visit http://www.friendship.com.au/ or click this link:

No comments:

Post a Comment